Sunday 6 December 2009

Proposal

Music Magazine Proposal
AS Media Studies


In this proposal I will be explaining what will be included within my long production coursework. This will be taking initial ideas and putting them creatively into making a front cover, a contents page and a double page spread of a music magazine.

Equipment I will use:
Digital Camera
Microsoft Publisher (Computer)
Coral Paint Shop Pro (Computer)
www.dafont.com (Computer)


What I will do:
In my work I will include a front cover in which will consist of a background picture, left third, barcode, date, masthead, selling line, price and headline. I’m aiming to create the magazine in the music genre of indie, using bold colours and bold lettering. On my contents page I will carry on using the same genre and colour scheme. I will then add in a genre of pictures I have taken to use to look like they are featured on further pages. Finally I will then do a double page spread feature on my made up indie rock band highlighting their hit songs, a fact file on the band, and the history behind them.


Audience profile (demographics):
I aim to target at men & women aged in-between 15-25. They will be in the demographic category C1 and C2, which means my magazine, will only cost around £2. I will aim to use mass marketing, aiming my magazine at a wide audience range. They will be in the social groups, rebel, trendies, innovator or a traditionalist.


These will all then be put onto my blog at www.blogger.com, where the examiner and my teacher can see my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment